Begin and end your dog walks with the intention of protecting the place you have come to enjoy.
Pick up after your hound, be careful of cliff edges, mining sites and always, always, always keep your dog on a lead when asked to. There will be a very good reason for this, even if you can’t see it.
Help conserve our natural environment by leaving it as you found it and giving ALL wildlife space and time. We have a Marine Wildlife and Countryside Code to keep you and your pooch confident in your outdoor adventures.
❝ 2020 was the worse year on record locally for human interference & disturbance of wildlife. ❞
- Priest Cove, nr St Just (slipway banned year-round due to commercial fishing)
- Cot Valley, nr St Just (dogs welcome year-round)
- Sennen (restrictions in summer)
- Gwenver, nr Sennen (dogs welcome year-round)
Numerous beaches can be found around the west Cornwall coastline, perfect for sand-loving pups to stretch their legs. However, be aware that not all beaches are dog-friendly year-round, but there is plenty of moorland, coast path and inland trails to keep you busy.
For more dog friendly beaches in Cornwall, click here.
Cafés, Pubs and Restaurants:
- The Dog and Rabbit Café, St Just
- The Cook Book, St Just (café)
- Kings Arms, St Just (pub)
- London House Café, St Just
- The Commercial, St Just (pub)
- The Star Inn, St Just (pub)
- The Square, St Just (café)
- Maria Chica, Pendeen (café)
- Radjel Inn, Pendeen (pub)
- Count House Café, Pendeen
- Trewellard Meadery, Trewellard (meadery)
- Trewellard Arms, Trewellard (pub)
- The Queen’s Arms, Botallack (pub)
Find them on our ‘Places to Go’ map
Below, you’ll find everything you need to make the most of spending your time on the Tin Coast with your dog.
- Just Pet Care, St Just: 01736 788276
- Clemo’s Pets & DIY, St Just: 01736 787877
- Rosevean Veterinary Surgery, Penzance: 01736 362215